I am 50+ with an active lifestyle, including walking, swimming and working out in our pool. I keep healthy and strong by eating well. I also shy away from processed foods, which is also a great help. Staying Healthy Over Fifty has been a quick and necessary life style change for us.
Two years ago, my husband had an emergency quadruple by-pass. This was both scary and eye opening for both of us. You see, he has been active for years, not only as a championship high school referee, but also as a bicyclist.
His plan was to ride from Portland, Oregon down the central coast of California, to Morro Bay.
But after his surgery, he was afraid he was going to have to give that plan up. We started focusing heavily on Staying Healthy Over Fifty.
He started exercising in the pool with me. Gradually working up his pace and time. Soon, he was riding his bike again. And when the next high school football season came around, he was a better referee than ever; AND was chosen to ref a championship game once again!
As part of the Staying Healthy Over Fifty was to look into supplements that could help us be strong, stay healthy and enjoy our family.
Douglas Laboratories nutritional supplement supports cardiovascular health, neurological health, vision health and joint health.* Additional nutritional supplement details include:
QÜELL Fish Oil is comprised of Supercritical CO2-extracted oils in triglyceride form, manufactured in Germany exclusively for Douglas Laboratories.
- Health organizations around the world recommend adequate daily intake of EPA and DHA, given omega-3 fatty acids’ support of cardiovascular health, neurological health, vision health and joint health.*
- Vitamin D is an essential vitamin that plays an important role in proper body function, including support for cardiovascular health.*
Ultra HNS–nutritional supplement that supplies high dose biotin, methylfolate, vitamin C, zinc and Cynatine® HNS for healthy hair, nails and skin.
Biotin 8 mg — A nutritional supplement that supports a healthy glucose metabolism, nerve function and nail strength.
Hyaluronic Acid® — A nutritional supplement that supplies low molecular weight hyaluronic acid for joint and skin health.* Additional nutritional supplement details include:
- Synovial fluid of the joints provides shock absorption and lubrication for movement; as we age, this fluid decreases.
- Supplementation with oral hyaluronic acid has been shown to help retain more synovial fluid and protect the joints.
- It has also been shown to protect the skin by promoting healthy turnover and renewal of keratinocytes, moderating the appearance of fine lines and age spots.*
My husband’s success and determination created a healthy life style. Finding Douglas Laboratories nutritional supplements and using them everyday has been one of many steps towards achieving that goal, no matter what season of life you’re in.
Points that you will want to know:
- Douglas Laboratories believes healthy aging is much more than living a long life. It’s about assessing your individual beauty from the inside out and unlocking the potential of living healthier longer.
- Douglas Laboratories is committed to producing high quality, science-based nutritional supplements that are safe, effective and designed to help healthcare practitioners and their patients in their drive to achieve healthy aging and maintain active lifestyles.
- Douglas Laboratories offers a wide range of researched-based dietary supplements directly to healthcare professionals. It is important to work with a qualified health professional when determining an appropriate supplementation regimen.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- *Please consult your healthcare practitioner before introducing any new nutritional supplements into your daily routine — especially if you are pregnant or have a pre-existing medical condition.
Our lives have been changed for the good. Start on your way to a strong and healthy life soon. Make it a goal for 2017 to Staying Healthy Over Fifty.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.