Hi everyone. It’s the 2nd Wednesday of month when I get to share with my Thrifty Style Team. These bloggers are amazing, a long with their husbands or partners. Besides me sharing a Thrifty DIY Ladder Chandelier idea, each blogger is highlighting a thrifty project titled “Dads Do DIY-Thrifty Style”
It’s going to be a lot of fun filled with a lot of creative ideas.
The project that I am going to share today is a Thrifty DIY Ladder Chandelier.
My Thrifty DIY Ladder Chandelier is unique, and really perfect for any style.
My husband helped me A TON with this project. From measuring the ladder, window dimensions to purchasing the best hooks, to hanging the final product.
To make your own Thrifty DIY Ladder Chandelier, you will need:
For me, it all started with a ladder that I bought. It is a vintage style look, but not old at all. I like the rustic look with the branches for the rungs. You could probably even make your own with scrap lumber.
This ladder measures 45 1/2 inches long (3 feet, 9 1/2 inches) and 1 foot (12 inches) wide.
My window was 6 feet wide.
I wanted the ladder to be hanging in the middle of the window. This is the guide my husband used to center the ladder perfectly.
The hooks were placed 9 inches apart and 3 feet across. Once each of the four hooks were centered and in place, we were ready for hanging the ladder.
I wanted the ladder low enough to be seen from outside. So measuring the wire or jute pieces the same length was vital. Each piece was 4 1/2 feet long.
In these pictures, we used jute to hang the ladder, but eventually we changed it to wire. (Not for strength, but because of less visibility.)
It was Christmas time when he first had hung the Thrifty DIY Ladder Chandelier, so I decorated it with fairy lights and ornaments made by my grandma.
Even though it is decorated for Christmas, I left it up all year long.
I took off the ornaments and added more crystals. Both vintage and brand new.
This past Christmas, I added greenery, various crystals and even a small bouquet of dried flowers.
My Thrifty DIY Ladder Chandelier now will be hung (in our new apartment) in the extra bedroom, above my sewing machine. I look forward to the crystal prisms shining rainbow colors all across the walls while I am sewing.
This wasn’t a real hard DIY project, but it did require help from my husband. The math part of my brain doesn’t work as well as his-hahahaha!
Now for some Dads Do DIY inspiration. Click on the links below for some amazing thrifty style ideas. Enjoy!
Make it a fabulous day!
- BIRD HOUSE MAKEOVER by Redhead Can Decorate
- HOW TO MAKE A COLD FRAME by Hearth & Vine
- DIY BARN DOORS by DIY Beautify
- OUR NEW HEADBOARD by 2 Bees in a Pod
- DIY HANGING LAMP FROM THRIFTY FINDS by Chatfield Court
- AFFORDABLE DIY SHIPLAP WALLS by The Creek Line House
- HOW TO BUILD A WALL MOUNTED PLATE RACK by I Should Be Mopping the Floor
- THE MAN BEHIND THE NAIL GUN by Duke Manor Farm
- THRIFTY DIY LADDER CHANDELIER by What Meegan Makes
- THRIFTY REBAR BARBED WIRE BIRD HOUSE by Bliss Ranch
- REFURBISHED WOODEN STOOL by Cottage at the Crossroads
- WOOD AMERICAN FLAG by The DIY Village
- INDUSTRIAL FARMHOUSE TOILET PAPER HOLDER by Salvaged Sister & Mister