Hello!! Have you already started your Christmas baking??? I started today, but I can always use a few new recipes, can’t you?? That is why I want to share the 12 Days of Cookies (exchange) with you today!!
I’ve teamed up with 11 other bloggers in a virtual cookie exchange. We are each sharing a cookie recipe on our blog today. These twelve cookie recipes will keep you baking until Christmas. Please click on each individual link for the recipe.
- Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies from A Night Owl Blog
- Jam Thumbprints and Tea Cakes from Hungry Girl Por Vida
- Popcorn Cookies from Betsy Life
- Peppermint White Chocolate Covered Oreos from Mommifried
- Peanut Butter Heath Cookies from Whatcha Makin’ Now
- Peppermint Cream Cookies from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- White Chocolate Ganache Filled Gingerbread Macaron from Dessert Now Dinner Later
- White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread from Joyful Scribblings
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies from Daily Cup of Kate
- Toasted Almond Russian Tea Cakes from Meegan Makes
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Cookies from What Katie’s Baking
- Grandma’s Sugar Cookies from Writer Mom Blog
How fun is that???
My Toasted Almond Russian Tea Cakes are pinned all over Pinterest. So, I couldn’t resist sharing them with you again…
I am always baking cookies and pies for our family. I LOVE baking for them. BUT, THIS recipe for Toasted Almond Russian Tea Cakes is their ALL-Time favorite.
I know this recipe traditionally call for walnuts or pecans. I am now allergic to both of those nuts. So, I don’t purchase them very often. One Christmas baking season, I only had raw, sliced almonds. So, I thought I might as well give it a try. They have been the family fave ever since!!
Another thing about this cookie-I ONLY use REAL vanilla & butter. It makes all the difference in the flaky texture and buttery flavor.
I bet you want the recipe, right??
1 cup REAL butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp REAL vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sliced and toasted almonds
Heat oven to 400*
Mix thoroughly butter, sugar and vanilla
Work in flour, and salt until dough holds together.
Pour sliced almonds into a medium high dry skillet.
Tossing gently, until you smell the almond oils coming out. Being careful not to burn them. This will have a bitter taste.
Add cooled toasted almonds to your dough.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until set, but not brown.
While warm, roll in powdered sugar. Cool a little and roll 2 more times in sugar.
Can you see why my Toasted Almond Russian Tea cakes are a family fave year after year??
Make it a Toasted Almond Russian Tea Cake kind of day!